How to Find the Best Unmetered VPS Offers
When it comes to choosing a hosting company for your business’s website, you want nothing less than the best. That means the highest performance speeds, the best security, and the greatest amount of storage, all at the lowest possible price. For most businesses, this means choosing an unmetered VPS hosting plan.
But with so many different hosting companies to choose from, it can be difficult to know which offers are worth your while and which are just a waste of your money and time. So how do you choose the best unmetered VPS to host your website and ensure its long-term success?
What Is an Unmetered VPS and How to Find the Best One?
A VPS, or virtual private server, is a bit like a compromise between a shared and dedicated server. You share space on a server with other clients, but your website has its own fixed amount of space on that server, giving you more privacy, more control, and more storage than a typical shared server.
When the bandwidth of a VPS is metered, you’re charged for the amount of data you use each month. Unmetered bandwidth, on the other hand, allows you to transfer an unlimited amount of data at one fixed rate.
Want a VPS with unmetered bandwidth & DDoS protection?
Why You Should Consider Using an Unmetered Virtual Private Server
Why do so many businesses use unmetered servers? Why not shared or dedicated hosting instead, or a plan with metered bandwidth?
For small businesses, an unmetered server offers the right balance between performance and price. Shared hosting plans may be cheaper, but they offer significantly less space and less security – dedicated hosting plans offer more space and higher security, but are far more expensive and more difficult to manage. If you’re serious about the success of your business and growing your online presence, a VPS is the most effective hosting solution.
With unmetered hosting, you’re free to use the provided bandwidth as much as you want – you’re not penalized for high traffic, streaming, or hosting large files. This is perfect for growing sites that expect heavy site traffic.
If you were using metered hosting and experienced a sudden spike in visitor traffic, your first instinct might be to panic rather than celebrate – that’s because your monthly bill would spike, too. But with unmetered bandwidth, you’re not penalized for being successful!
What to Look for in an Unmetered Hosting Provider
Choosing the best unmetered VPS provider to host your website is an important decision – it will affect how well the site runs and how users experience it. For example, a site hosted on a slow server means longer loading times, which can frustrate customers and even lower your ranking on search engines like Google and Yahoo, making it more difficult for people to find you.
To make sure nothing like that happens to you, look for the following qualities in your potential hosting provider:
- DDoS Protection: It’s no surprise that security is the top priority for most companies, particularly those that collect sensitive data such as names, phone numbers, and credit card information. That’s why it’s so important to choose a provider that includes DDoS protection with their hosting services. A DDoS attack, short for a denial-of-service attack, essentially blocks legitimate visitors from using your website by flooding it with spam – think of it like a group of people blocking the entrance to a store. The only way to prevent these kinds of attacks and protect your website is with DDoS protection.
- Uptime: Look for a hosting provider with an uptime guarantee as close to 100% as possible. The higher percentage, the less likely you are to have problems with server crashes and site downtime.
- Bandwidth: Another quality you shouldn’t compromise on is bandwidth. Bandwidth determines your website’s speed, so the higher the bandwidth, the less time site visitors will have to spend waiting for your website to load. The best unmetered VPS bandwidths typically range from 100mpbs to 1gbps.
- RAM: At the very least, you’re going to need 1GB of RAM to host a medium-sized website. RAM is crucial to your website’s performance – an insufficient amount can seriously slow your site down.
- Storage: How much storage space is available? At minimum, you’ll need at least 15GB, but the amount that’s right for you will depend on the size of your website and how much data you plan to collect.
- Support:What type of support does the hosting provider offer, and who from? Look for providers that offer 24/7 support from experienced IT professionals – you never know when something could go wrong, so having help available at all times is necessary. You can test the responsiveness of the best unmetered VPS provider’s support network by contacting them before you sign up. If they don’t respond or take ages to, you might want to keep looking.
- Customer Reviews: One of the easiest ways to tell if a service is good or not is to see what other people are saying about it. Browsing web forums is a great way to find honest reviews.
- Price: Obviously, you’ll want to get the best value for your dollar, so price is an important factor to consider when choosing the best unmetered VPS provider. A quality hosting plan can range anywhere from $20 per month to $150 per month. Beware of extremely low prices that are “too good to be true” and look for providers that offer some kind of money-back guarantee.
It Pays to Do Your Research
Choosing the best unmetered VPS may take some time, but in the end, you’ll be glad you did your research thoroughly. By comparing as many different hosting providers as possible using the criteria above, you can be sure that you’re getting the absolute best value for your dollar.
Not sure where to start your search? JavaPipe offers both managed and unmanaged unmetered VPS hosting plans with no limits on your monthly data usage, DDoS protection, and more. Do the best for your business – choose a VPS hosting plan with a reputation for quality and reliability.