How to Find Java Hosting in India
Once you’ve built a web application using Java code, the easiest way to put it on the web for all to see is to use a Java hosting service. But if you’ve never hosted a Java web application before, it can be difficult to know where to start. Every hosting provider claims to be the best, so it’s up to you to compare different offers to find the right one for your Java web application.
So, what’s the best way to find Java hosting in India? What qualities should you look for in a web host? And how important should server location be in your decision?
Advantages of Java Hosting
Before we look at the best way to choose Java hosting in India, it’s useful to know the advantages of hosting with Java in the first place. Besides, not all web hosting providers even support Java, so why go out of your way to find the ones that do?
For starters, if you’ve used Java code anywhere on your website, it won’t function properly without a Java host. But necessity aside, Java has many other advantages in the world of web hosting.
The greatest benefit of Java is its flexibility. The same code can run seamlessly across different operating systems, meaning you only have to write it once. Another key benefit is performance quality – for a portable coding language, Java runs just as well as non-portable languages like C and C++. This combination of flexibility and performance has made Java one of the most popular coding languages among businesses around the world.
Qualities to Look for in a Java Web Host
When looking for Java hosting in India, there are a few key qualities you’ll want to look out for in a potential provider. These include:
- Reputation: Does the hosting company have a good track record? What do clients who use the host’s servers have to say about the quality of service? Reading reviews is always a good place to start.
- Monthly Traffic: How many visitors do you expect to visit your website each month? Will your site have downloadable content or livestreaming? The more content and visitors your site has, the more bandwidth you’ll need. For a medium-sized Java site, you should aim for about 200GB of monthly traffic per month.
- Reliability: One thing you can’t compromise on is reliability. No matter how fast a server’s bandwidth is, your users won’t be happy if the connection is unreliable. That’s why it’s so important to choose a reliable Java hosting provider that guarantees server uptime of more than 99%.
- SSL Certification: Security is another must-have. SSL certification guarantees that the connection between your browser and the host’s web server is secure. If a hosting provider doesn’t mention SSL certification, that’s a huge red flag.
- Tomcat Support: Apache Tomcat is an application server that executes Java servlets and Java Server Pages, or JSPs. You’ll want to choose a Java hosting provider that supports or even includes Tomcat so that you can directly deploy WAR files.
- Cloud Hosting: Nowadays, Cloud-based hosting is the safest way to host a Java web application. In the unlikely event that the server’s hardware fails, your site won’t be affected because your data is stored virtually. Cloud support isn’t necessary, but it can give you extra peace of mind.
- Variety: The goal of any good Java website or web application should be to grow and attract more visitors over time. That’s why you should choose a Java host with a variety of hosting plans. That way, as your business grows, you can easily upgrade to a bigger plan to suit your changing needs without having to change hosts.
- Affordability: It practically goes without saying that you’ll want to choose something easy on your budget. Java hosting in India can be expensive, so you may want to consider hosting abroad instead.
How Important Is Server Location?
There’s a common belief that the only way to get quality web hosting is to use a server that is physically located in the same country as you are. At first, it makes sense – wouldn’t you want your India-based site or application hosted on an Indian-based server?
But the truth is, server location is not quite as important as most people think. While it does have some effect on latency, which is the amount of time it takes for the server to process page object requests from a browser, the effect is not that great.
Think of it this way – to drive home from work, would you rather take a route that’s 5 miles long with heavy traffic and low speed limits or a route that’s 10 miles long with no congestion and higher speed limits?
While a server may be physically farther away, the “roads” that transfer data from the server to your website may be better, faster, and more secure in a different country. So, when choosing the best Java server, the location shouldn’t be your top priority – quality should always come first.
Java Hosting in the United States
If you need Java hosting in India, you don’t have to limit your search to India alone. Many businesses choose to host abroad because they can get better network quality for a more affordable price than they would find locally.
It may surprise you to know that one of the best places to host an India-based website or application is on the other side of the world in the United States. While the location is physically distant, US servers typically offer the best network connectivity and security to make up for any extra latency. While hosting abroad has many benefits, you’ll still need to make sure the hosting provider you choose has most of the qualities listed above.
JavaPipe’s hosting services combine high performance with high-quality customer care. Our US and Europe-based servers are equipped with lightning fast SSD technology, MySQL database and Apache Tomcat support built in, and 24/7 professional IT help. Learn more about how we can help grow your online business.